Just a few quick hits on things Dolphins-related:
- Ethan Skolnick wrote a very nice piece on former RB David Overstreet. Guy seemed destined for some nice things and seemed to flash some real talent before he was taken away from us very, very tragically. Admittedly, this was a bit before my time but you wonder - again - what Danny could have done with a decent running game and a decent defense. There's probably a myriad of theories as to why they could never get it just right but I'm not sure I want to go into that here. What I will go into is that I think Ethan Skolnick - especially in the last year or so and maybe a bit earlier - has really found an interesting niche and groove within the Sentinel team over there and I think the dude is really hitting his stride with pieces like this. Also, his sarcasm on Twitter is fuckin' choice.
- Interestingly, both the Sun Sentinel and the Herald linked to this story on Bernie Kosar by Herald sometime columnist/full-time party patrol member/usually readable Dan LeBatard. I don't know what that means for the South Florida media landscape but isn't that kinda like me going outside right now and 69ing a Jets fan?? Anyway, great story about a guy I always liked as a QB. Motherfucker was all jingle jangle AND he thought of the Clock Play (fuck you, Jets fans!).
- Omar breaks down the latest depth chart. Probably because there's really nothing else better to do so fuck it.
- I'm gonna give Mike Berardino a serious pass until the season starts because he was really excellent covering the Marlins and it is The Doldrums right now, but ummm...yea, he's still workin' on getting this whole writing about football thing down. Slightly amusing, though.
- PBP takes a look at the receivers - for the 10th time this offseason it seems.
- It has become abundantly clear that Stephen Ross will stop at NOTHING to make me hate this team. Look, I'm Cuban. I get it. You want to get some love for the Dade people to match the Broward/Monroe County Parrotheads or whatever the fuck Buffett is supposed to represent. I know that 'Landshark Stadium' is where Dade meets Broward and it's not always a pretty sight. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YOU FUCKIN' GOBLIN, PLEASE STOP FUCKING WITH MY TEAM AND MAKING THEM SOME COOKIE-CUTTER SOUTH FLORIDA POSTCARD!!!! When are we digging Don Johnson out of his grave and slapping some Italian shoes (no socks!), sunglasses and a white suit to parade him around the field?? Are we putting pink flamingoes to freakishly flutter around in the endzone during timeouts??? You're the #2 real estate developer in New York City. Show a little class, man. Are you that hard up for cash?? LOOK FORWARD; NOT BACK.
(Awesome photo courtesy of Sun Sentinel)