1. Hey! How Bout Some Holes For Ronnie?: Seriously now. This FO spent a lot of time and money rebuilding this offensive line so that we could be a power running team and so far they've played like shit. Yes I know we've played one game. But I'm a knee jerk reactionary! Ah dammit I spilled crumbs from my sandwich onto my shirt! NOOooooo!!! My life is ruined!! Ruined!!! (jumps through plate glass window)
2. Williams vs. London: Last week Chris Williams put on a nice show returning punts and kicks. The kid is stupid fast. Brandon London, meanwhile, is a big physical receiver. Williams and London. Two great tastes that taste great together? Not really. Because one of these dudes will likely be cut when the time to shave the roster comes. In my estimation: Williams has the edge. And this is coming from a guy who thought Vernon Gholston was going to be the next Lawrence Taylor. So you should totally trust my evaluation! (Hey I also thought Sean Smith would be the balls and he is, so ha-fucking-ha! /smugness)
3. Can Vontae Bounce Back?: It wasn't the best debut for Vontae Davis last week. Three dumb penalties, man-handled by a receiver, and he even punted a kitten into Biscayne Bay. Sean Smith (balls!) had a great debut and has been rewarded a starting job. Vontae will get there. But so far, he's proven to be every bit Vernon's little brother -- all skills, no brains. Which, coincidentally, is exactly how I describe my penis.
4. Moses Time?: With JT possibly missing this game as he attends to a personal matter, and Peezy's toe being achey, this game will be a good chance for Quentin Moses to show the FO he belongs. Dude had an alright game last week, but more is expected of him. Depth at LB is always important, so somebody's gotta step up.
5. Holy Fuck! A Kicker Controversy!?: Looks like Dan Carpenter's job is officially on "Oh Shit!" alert. Connor Barth was brought in to give Carpenter a little competition, and has done rather well. All indications are that the kickers are even, but some reports have Barth's kicks having a little more pop in them. Saturday's game could determine what happens. As we saw with the cockpunching of Eric Green a few days ago, all you need is one bad pre-season game, and you're fucked.
Prediction: Dolphins 16 - Panthers 10*
*Yes I totally pulled that prediction out of my ass. Go with it.