Past few days or so on Twitter, we've been kicking around the idea of paying for a banner to fly around the stadium on 1/1 that says something to the effect of 'Mr Ross: Save Our Dolphins, Fire Ireland' or something. Our own 'Iranian Revolution', if you will, except it's on idiot gingers that stink at evaluating talent but are really good at calling people's mother's whores. I called to inquire as to the pricing and feasibility and here's the deal:
- Plane can fly ANYWHERE around stadium up to 1 hour before kickoff, so we were thinking 10am-12pm on the day of the Jets game
- Flight is minimum of 2 hours and up to 40 characters for the message
- It's about $850 for each hour but I think I can negotiate it to about $750 or so
- We're thinking of doing this on Kickstarter so all money goes back to contributors if we don't achieve the $1500 goal
Basically, I want to know if this something that appeals to everyone and if people would contribute.
Speak now or forever hold your peace. Contributors will get a mention in an FN post and live with the personal satisfaction that you did SOMETHING to show these assholes that we're mad as Hell and not gonna take it anymore.
VIVA LA RESISTANCE!!!
- The initial surge has been nothing short of amazing. We're already at about $1000 in planned donations. Please keep sending emails to email@example.com if you plan to contribute anything at all. Even $5 helps.
- It's looking more and more - as much as I fucking hate to do this - that we may just use a PayPal donation link here. I'm gonna look into Kickstarter tonight but if it's a hassle you're just going to have to trust us like you did for the game tickets and the 'Save FN' campaigns of 2010. Sorry. Believe me, I'd rather not deal with your cash AT ALL but it may be easiest/quickest way to do this. You know where to find us yadda yadda. Obviously, if we don't meet the goal, I'll be sure to send it right back to you but the plan is to make sure we definitely have enough via the emails and just close the link as soon as we reach the goal. We'll provide documentation here after so everyone can see we're not just collecting cash off you guys. I don't want to be known as a Nigerian prince of any sort. We'll keep y'all posted.
- Anyone that contributes will be given credit here in an FN post so you can tell your friends about it and they can yawn ferociously. Thinking just first name and last initial. Tittyballs.