- Forgot to mention this yesterday, but The Phinsider interviewed me. Go here to read me shitting all over Ireland, pointing out why I think he's an awful GM, and explaining how I think dickjokes and references to poop are considered intelligent comedy! Surprisingly enough, I never once use the word FUCK in the entire interview. A personal achievement for me. My Mom is very proud. Big thanks to The Phinsider for having me over and ruining roughly 75% of their readership's day.
- Barry Jackson is probably the best Dolphins reporter there is, mainly because he's not a dick, which seems to be the M.O. for Dolphins reporters. He's also probably the whitest person named Barry Jackson. In his Friday Buzz column today, Barry explains how the Dolphins' so-called philosophy and their past decisions have shaped the way they've failed to do anything during this free agency period outside of shitting into an empty Chinese food container.
He points out how Ireland and Philbin both want to build through the draft. Which makes perfect sense when you think about how they were chasing around a 36-year old quarterback roughly a week ago. He also points out how truly shitty Ireland's handling of the salary cap has been -- primarily on an offensive line that killed Chad Henne last season, and almost killed Matt Moore had it not been for him being made of string, felt and cotton (because he's a puppet, you see).
Barry also drops some nuggets on how Rich Gannon thinks they blew it with Matt Flynn, some shit about Alex Smith, and other things. As always, it's a good read.
- Looks like it's time to start speculating on which quarterback we all think we're going to draft but then watch as Ireland passes him over for a right tackle. The Finsiders break down Ryan Tennenhill. MMMMMM...UPSIDE.
- Omar Kelly does that thing where he points out how the team has added depth, so all is well. I may not have as much access to the team as Omar, so I'm just going to go ahead and assume he's right and that Artis Hicks is the answer to all our prayers. DYNASTY!
- The awesomely mustachioed Brian Biggane points out how the Dolphins will have their pick of several QBs in next month's draft, but also that NONE of them are sure things.
So, no Luck, no RG3 and no Peyton. BUT THAT WEEK 10 WIN OVER THE REDSKINS THAT HAD ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING ON WHETHER WE MADE THE PLAYOFFS OR NOT SURE WAS THE BALLS, YOU GUYS! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!