Welp, that’s all over and done with. After 5 pretty painful, pointless games, the Dolphins will kick off the 2013 season next Sunday in Cleveland. What can we take away from meaningless games involving several men that will be taking Pizza Hut orders in the next week or so? Well, not much but certainly a few things:
- There were times I was really impressed by Tannehill and it seemed as though the connection between him and his new weapons improved as the preseason went on.
- The defense has a chance to actually be special this year and not that ‘Feed The Wolf’ bullshit. There’s some concern about CB depth and I’m still not convinced we have anyone that can cover a tight end in the seam but that’s our albatross.
- The D-Line is nasty
- Will Davis looks like he can make some plays and might be an impact player this year.
- Caleb Sturgis can kick the fuck out of the ball.
- I think Brandon Gibson is suddenly the big X-factor on this team and his performance (especially in the Red Zone) will dictate whether or not this team will be successful.
- Fuck you Preseason, for taking away Dustin Keller. He was poised to have a really great season, we thought, and now that’s all unicorn vomit. Instead, Egnew keeps his roster spot and Charles Fucking Clay becomes the #1 tight end. Motherfucker. Pencil in Sims as the starter by the time the 5th game rolls around or so.
- The offensive line continues to be a disaster and didn’t really show much improvement as the preseason progressed. I’m really, really worried about that unit. Jonathan Martin is pedestrian against even slightly above-average pass rushers and I have more faith in lending Dez Bryant’s whore crackhead mom $50 than in whatever’s going on on the right side of the line. I pray for Tannyboy.
- The running back situation is a total question mark. At times, Lamar Miller seems like his UM-self but then there are times he’s bottled up pretty quickly. The fact we don’t have a true BRUISER of a running back concerns me and makes me think we should keep Jonas Gray above Gillislee but that’s not gonna happen because IRELAND.
- Tannehill looks more comfortable but he’s a bit too inconsistent. He’ll have one great drive out of 4 and that’s just not a great average. Losing Keller only hurts him more and I fear we’ll see more FGs than we would have if we’d had Keller.
- We’d better hope for a pretty healthy year because the 2nd and 3rd teamers are fucking hot garbage most of the time.
- The lack of Dion Jordan action – FOR A #3 OVERALL PICK WE TRADED UP TO GET – is a bit disconcerting at this point.
- I still hate the uniforms. Kinda. Mostly.
Really, we’re just glad the fake football is out of the way and the real season starts soon.
Enjoy the weekend, Nation.